Friday, December 11, 2015

December Happenings

I love the month of December! There is always so much to do and so many fun things happening. At Jack's school they had a gingerbread man drawing contest. Below is Jack's gingerbread man, notice the strategically placed acorn. I almost died laughing when I asked him to explain. 


Josie loves to color, just like her sister. You can almost always find them with paper and crayons. 


I had to hide all the markers though because Josie loves to suck on them.
And decorate herself


Josie is as cute as ever. I just can't get enough of her sweet little face

 My dad came over to visit while my mom was traveling.
 Josie loves to mop and sweep the floors. Every time I grab the broom she cries until I give it to her.
Here are the kids on the roller coaster ride at the bowling alley.
Our elf also came back and he brought his girlfriend Snowflake. The kids always have to behave very well in December since the elves are always watching them :) You can see Nicky and Snowflake in the background.
I put my little slaves to work opening hundreds of kisses for the Christmas gifts we made
They also spent lots of time crafting Christmas pictures

And dancing to Christmas music:







 And here is a little Christmas present running around
 The kids had so much fun playing with this tent. Hours of fun with two kids, lots of stuffed animals and a tent
We got a large snowstorm. So much snow!
 I don't like being cold, so Josie and I stayed inside while the kids went out to play
 They had fun for the whole 10 minutes they lasted. It never fails that we spend more time getting their snow clothes on/off then they do playing in the snow.
And another pictures of the littlest doing what she does best... be cute!

Mr & Mrs Claus also came to our gym and the kids got to sit with them. I love my gym, they have parents night out once a month where they take the kids for 3 hours so we can go out. This month we dropped the kids off and went out with our friends to downtown Ft. Collins. It was a great night, but I forgot to take any pictures. 
Jack's class had a party on their last day of school before the break. It pretty much included crafts and lots of sugar. They also played a fun game of building cup towers and then throwing marshmallows to try to knock down the other teams tower.


Marshmallow fight:





After the party Josie still had candy hidden away

And here are some more cute videos from December:

Lily loves to sing. Here is her rendition of "Hark the Herald Angels" 



And here is the time I peeked in Lily's room after her and Josie were being surprisingly quiet. Lily had made a tiny bed for Josie out of a box and was trying to get Josie to take a nap by singing to her. Lily is something special!

We also did the advent calendar leading up to Christmas. This was the first year Josie did one and it was more of a frustration for her because she didn't understand that you only get one chocolate a day. We kept the calendars on top of the fridge, but every time I went to the fridge she would cry for a chocolate. Here she is one morning crying for her chocolate:



No comments:

Post a Comment