Monday, March 20, 2017

California Trip for Anniversary Party

We flew out to California to attend my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary party. 

Unfortunately I got super sick right before we left, and was sick the entire trip. So I didn't get to take many photos, but here is what I have...

Josie is obsessed with this doll head. I need to write a post dedicated to her obsession. This doll head is constantly freaking me out in unexpected places. Like the time when Josie packed her own bag and when I opened it, there was a head inside. 



On the day of the party we drove down to the Temecula house for a pre-party happy hour. The kids enjoyed riding the in golf cart


And they especially loved riding in the elevator in the house

After happy hour, we drove down to the winery. Before dinner a photographer took some pictures. I have all her photos at the bottom of this post, but here are some shots I grabbed:






Our party was held inside the "Barrel Room" It was a neat atmosphere






About half way through the party Jack started looking ill...



Not much later, we had to create a place for him to lay down. This sickness comes on fast and is brutal

Meanwhile Lily was able to dance the night away
The next day Jack was officially down for the count. 
Then, on our last day there, Lily got taken down by sickness

It was such a bummer to be sick on a trip I had looked forward to for so long. Thank God for extra strength medicines so I could make it through the activities! With five people in our family it's almost impossible to take a trip anytime in the winter/spring without someone being sick. 


Here are the pictures taken by the photographer:













No comments:

Post a Comment