Sunday, March 31, 2013

Other misc. news

Luke and my dad have started brewing beer. So far we have made an Ale, a Wheat and a Rye Pale Ale. It's quite a process and takes over a month from brew date to drink date. In fact, so far we have only been able to try the English Ale and it was quite delicious. I am looking forward to the Wheat beer as that is my favorite. Jack even got to make his own root beer which only had to sit for five days and was pretty tasty.
Transferring the beer

I have still been running and finally got myself a new stroller. I was using my double stroller, but I only run when Jack is in school now and it is really awkward running with a double stroller with only one kid in it. So I splurged and got a really nice single jogging stroller. Lily loves it and the best part is that it fits through our front door!! So now when she falls asleep, I can just bring the stroller inside and let her keep sleeping in it.

Luke started his new job and he spends three days a week in Colorado Springs. He leaves early Tuesday morning and then he comes home Thursday around dinner time. The kids try to skype him the nights he is gone.

It is becoming a ritual that we play charades when Luke gets home on Thursday night. I think this is Jack's all time favorite game.

Now that I have kitchenware again, I can finally bake! Yay! Although I quickly discovered that Lily is a butter fiend. She will devour butter like no one else. I now have to hide the butter whenever I use it to avoid any tantrums from denying her indulgence:
Lily "greasing" the pans

No comments:

Post a Comment