Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bouncing Back

As it turned out my crazy workout regime did not help me go into labor naturally like I hoped it would. At first I felt like working out a 1.5 hours a day for 9 months was a complete waste, but two weeks after birth I realized that maybe it did pay off after all. This time around I seemed to "bounce back" from pregnancy/birth really quickly. With Jack it took me 2 months to feel somewhat normal again, and with Lily it took about a month and a half. This time around I took about a week "off" and then everything resumed like normal again...  up early making the kids breakfast, packing lunches, grocery shopping, chores, etc. I could even fit into most of my clothes again. It was an amazing feeling to have a 2 week old baby and to feel like my old self again. 

My doctor told me I couldn't run for 6 weeks, but I started taking the girls on walks during the day. We started with 1 mile walks and are now up to 2.5 mile walks. I can't wait to get back to running!

First time in the double stroller
I did break my doctor's orders and do a few short runs. Including a couple of the kids 1 mile fun runs...
Ready for the Halloween fun run

Josie's first fun run

Nothing like ice cream at 9:00 in the morning

After the race
I have felt amazing since Josie was born and I have to think that working out right up to delivery played a major part in my easy recovery.




No comments:

Post a Comment