Thursday, April 28, 2016

Final training month!


April was the last month of marathon training. Part of the training plan included a half marathon race up Hughes Stadium. This was a brutal race that was made even harder by a huge storm that came in the night before. 

Race morning was snowy and freezing. Thankfully I had my running buddy with me:

This half marathon is known for it's killer hills. The race was so hard and made me even more nervous for the full marathon. I was dead by the end of the race.. as you can see in this awful picture.



After the race we headed over for our hard earned free beers:


After that race, I had two weeks of easy running. The weather was nice and the runs were short. Then the week before the marathon the weather turned crappy again. My last training run was freezing cold and sleeting rain. It felt good to be so close to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment