Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween festivities

Life just keeps getting busier and busier. This year Halloween snuck up on us and I wasn't even prepared. So many things were happening all at once. 

Jack had a piano recital. I had Josie on my lap and she kept fighting me for the phone and she finally took it out of my hands at the best part.

Josie and I had to spend half a day getting a flat tire fixed, so we had some fun with snapchat


Then each of the kids had Halloween parties at school. Jack and his friend were dressed the same

One night we took the kids to Treatslyvania at the Farm. Last time we went was a couple years ago and I never wanted to go back because it is always so crowded



But this year Jack's school had a "door" so Luke was there volunteering and handing out candy
The kids had a great time and got their first big stash of Halloween candy

The Saturday before Halloween, the neighborhood had a Chili Cook Off. I had been planning this event for months and we were able to use the school cafeteria and friends of ours found a band to come play

As part of the chili cook off, we had a neighborhood bike parade. It was pretty fun. It is a lot of work so hopefully next year I will have more people to help


On Halloween day the kids had school like normal, but then after school we headed over to Luke's work. I'm so thankful my kids don't really care about costumes... I hate the idea of buying new costumes every year when we have plenty of dress up clothes and old costumes anyways. So here is what they came up with:

After trick-or-treating through the cubes at Luke's work, we headed home. It was a nice (but chilly) evening so we pulled out the fire pit to our driveway and handed out candy right at the side walk. We were able to meet many neighbors and it was a great time.
 Josie didn't even want to go around the neighborhood, she was happy passing out the candy right here

Jack was so proud of his candy stash. Right when he got home he filed up the drawers in his room

The next morning Jack had a definite candy hangover.

I ended up buying all their candy off them for $5 each. I have it all in the freezer, ready to use for random parties and Halloween next year

No comments:

Post a Comment