Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Our new apartment

As soon as we decided to stay in Colorado (pretty much the same day that decision was made), I called our apartment complex to find out if there were any two bedroom apartments available. Just our luck, there was one available on the first floor right next to where we already were. I went over, checked it out and signed the lease that same day. We moved in February first and I absolutely love our new place.

First of all, it has two bedrooms!!! Yay! Jack finally has his own room again and hopefully Lily will be moving into his room sometime this year.
Jack's bed. He finally has a real mattress and room after
six months in the closet on a blow up mattress.

Jack's table and toys and a nice view of the lake

Secondly, I love that it is on the first floor. Now I don't have to struggle carrying 22 pound Lily on my back and 50 pounds of groceries up three flights, and I also don't have to worry about them playing on the balcony and falling. Now, I can leave the back door open and they can come and go without me having to worry much.
Our view from the first floor

New living room

In addition to getting everything ready for the move, I had to return all of our rental supplies and start buying all new things. I am so happy that we don't have to use the cheap rental stuff anymore! We finally have our own silverware, knifes, plates, towels, etc. again. We also had to make a run to Ikea to buy some bookshelf, a dining table and a bed frame for Jack. Talk about an expensive month!!
Yay for sharp knives and an assortment of cookware

Our new kitchen

We finally have a toaster that works! And strainers, and bowls!!
But my favorite kitchen item is our double waffle maker.
Sunday waffles are everyones favorite breakfast.

I splurged and bought some nice cookware.
For six months I lived with one pot and one pan
that burned everything I cooked. I have never been
so thankful for my new non stick pan.

My hand mixer is my second favorite kitchen item.
I can finally bake again!!

A nice, new silverware set

Our new bowls, plates and cups.

Lukes favorite kitchen item. 
Re-buying all of our housewares from scratch was quite a chore and a huge expense. Now that Jack's room and our kitchen are in order, we will soon focus on our bedroom. We are still borrowing a foam mattress from my parents that is just laying on the floor and my dad's 30+ year old dresser. I dream of the day when we will get another king bed and I will finally be able to use our nice king size sheets that Luke brought back from storage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment