Friday, October 7, 2016

Kids room projects

One of the first projects I tackled in the new house was the kids rooms. The first item was to install the closet organizers so that they could actually reach their clothes. Jack's room was a cinch since his closet was pretty small 





But then I moved on to the girls room. Their closet was bigger and I was trying to install it when all three kids were around (no school day). During the installation process, I had Josie in the room with me with the other two downstairs and ended up hitting my head on the closet ceiling so hard that blood was dripping down my forehead. I took Josie in my room and called Luke who came and took me to the ER. Four staples later...


After being stapled up, I was able to go back and finish the girls closet.

Next step was to start painting the rooms. Lily asked for a fairy theme so I was able to find some fairy stencils online and started by painting the hills

And then we bought Lily a new "big girl" bed for her birthday that we had to put in the room


And then around the bed, I was able to paint all the fairies: 


Lily's old bed looks so small now, and will soon be Josie's bed. 


Fairies all over the room:

Jack's room is much more sophisticated with a clean painting of Horsetooth mountain and his teepee for reading:




No comments:

Post a Comment