Sunday, September 28, 2014

First week home

Adjusting to life with a new baby has been going rather smoothly. Josie sleeps pretty good and rarely cries. The kids love holding her and giving her lots of hugs and kisses. I have had a few moments where I realized how long it has been since I had a newborn. First off, I forgot to get a diaper bag when buying baby things and our first trip out of the house was a mess... literally. I wanted to take Lily to the library and ran out of the house with both girls and my purse. Once we were at the library I noticed Josie's onsie was discolored and realized she had pooped a major one. That's the point I realized that I was unprepared. Thankfully I carry wipes in the car so I was able to wipe her down and I found an old diaper probably from when Lily was little but I had no change of clothes for her. It was  a warm day so Josie came to the library with us just wearing a diaper. I ordered a diaper bag as soon as we got home. 

There have been lots of little moments like this where I forgot what it was like to have a newborn. It feels like such a long time ago that Lily was that little. I feel like I appreciate the newborn stage much more this time around. I really try to cherish these months when she is so little because all I have to do is look at Jack and Lily and realize how fast they grow!

Here we are packed up and ready to head home from the
hospital 

Josie's first car ride

Nap time on dad
Good thing we have two boppy's

Our little Broncos fans

Josie loves to sleep with her hands up


Lily adores her baby sister and I am so excited to see the bond that they have already and I can't wait to watch them grow up together.






What's amazing to me is how big Lily seems to me after Josie was born. Lily was the baby and after bringing Josie home, Lily seems like such a big girl now. She is so sweet and smart and will make the best big sister.

And Jack takes his role of protector very seriously. He is so proud of his baby sister and anytime we take him to school or to the store or the park he has to show off his baby sister. And first thing he wants to do when he gets home from school is hold her
Here are more pics of our tiniest baby






One week old!

Having a newborn isn't always fun for the older kids. Especially since I haven't been able to walk them to the park every day like I used to do. We have been trying to do fun things with them and this past week we were able to go to our local Chick fil A where they were having a "Frozen" party. The kids had a blast and were thrilled to get their picture taken with Elsa and Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment