Saturday, September 13, 2014

Overdue...again

Apparently I am not one of the lucky people that gives birth before their due date. Regardless of everything I have done to try to encourage labor, nothing is working. 

I even tried to run at the last 1 mile fun run with the kids. It gave me a few good contractions but that was it...

Before the fun run

After the fun run

At each fun run the kids get a
new star for their lanyard
 As my due date has come and gone, I am increasingly anxious to get labor started. I really do not want to be induced again. I had acupuncture and a chiropractic adjustment this past week. The acupuncturist sent me home with two small needles poked into both of my hands with a bandaid to hold them in place. Then today we drove up to Estes Park and up some of the higher mountain roads to try to use the altitude change to bring on labor (a couple friends swear by it).

While in Estes Park we stopped at a fun center for the kids
 We also went to a place called "Trout Haven" where they have a stocked pond and you pay $1 per inch for each fish you catch.

 Jack and Lily had a blast watching the fish and trying to catch one
 Finally Jack helped Lily catch one on the pole she was using. They were both thrilled. The 12" brown trout cost us $12 and then another $1 for them to clean it. It was worth it though just to see how excited the kids were
 Here is Jack with his cleaned fish on ice
 Luke wasn't satisfied with the pond fishing, so we drove to a nearby lake to try "real" fishing. It was pretty windy and no one ended up catching anything.
 After that we drove up some mountain roads and found a trailhead for "Lily Lake." We had to stop and walk around. It was a short one mile hike around the lake and it was beautiful
Lily and her lake

Last picture of our family of four? 




The overdue belly. 

Time for this baby to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment