Tuesday, September 23, 2014

It's a GIRL!

Josiane "Josie" was born Thursday September 18th weighing in at 7 lbs 9 oz. 

I had a doctor appointment on Wednesday September 17th and the doctor was concerned that Josie wasn't growing anymore and that she would be a "small" baby. She suggested we induce ASAP. We decided to set up the induction for the next morning. 

Thursday morning Nani came over to take Jack to school and watch Lily for the day while Luke and I headed off to the hospital: 

Last morning as a family of four
At 9:00am I got set up for my induction. I had to be hooked up to the IV for the pitocin to kickstart my labor

After 4 hours on pitocin my labor wasn't progressing so the doctor decided to break my water. She broke my water at 1pm, and wow did it work! Contractions came hard and fast and the doctor barely made it in time to catch Josie as she made her appearance at 3:16pm.

Baby Josie

And just to compare, here are Jack and Lily as newborns:
Baby Jack

Baby Lily
Unfortunately Josie came so fast that I guess she wasn't "squeezed" enough through the birth canal. She came with lots of fluid in her lungs and was having a really hard time with her oxygen levels. They took her away at birth and spent an hour with her on oxygen trying to get her to breathe better. She was very close to being sent to the NICU, but thankfully she improved and I finally got to hold her:

Later that afternoon Nani brought the kids by to meet their baby sister. They are both completely in love with her







Jack and Lily are fascinated by Josie's first dirty diaper
 The kids each got a present when Josie was born, Jack got the Wii Packman game he has been wanting.
Notice Jack's crown that his class made
him when Josie was born. It says "J'ai une soeur!"
(I have a sister). 
 Lily got a pair of princess shoes
I stayed one night at the hospital and then we brought Josie home. So far she has been an amazingly easy baby. She sleeps and eats and rarely cries. I'm crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath. After two colicky babies I really hope Josie is going to be an easy one!





No comments:

Post a Comment