Friday, February 27, 2015

Then the snow came back

For a while I almost thought it was spring. We were at the park in shorts and t-shirts, I was running outside with the jogging stroller, things were good.

Then the snow decided to come back. Lucky Luke had a week long work trip in sunny San Francisco during the weather change. The kids and I were left to deal with this new cold strike alone.  The first wave was at least 12 inches of snow

 That Monday I drove the kids next door to the school. I felt so lazy, but bundling up 3 kiddos for a snowy walk adds at least 10 minutes to our mornings and I just didn't have the time. The rest of the days we made the snowy walk despite the pleas to take them in the warm car:

 One of the days was above 30 degrees so I bundled up the girls and took them for a run. As we made it back to the driveway, it started snowing again.
 In the past, the homeowners association would shovel our driveway and sidewalks every time it snowed. We have never needed a snow shovel. Until this week when they didn't shovel for us. I must have looked pretty odd out there shoveling the driveway with the kids toy shovel. I got most of the snow cleared before the darn thing broke.
 Trips to the park were replaced with coloring inside

 We sent Luke a birthday card to wish him happy birthday from afar
 And the girls officially took over the master bedroom. I know one day I will sleep through the night without kids elbowing and kicking me, but right now it's hard to believe they will ever leave my bed

No comments:

Post a Comment