Saturday, February 7, 2015

Three wonderful kids

Before I had kids, I always thought I would have 12 kids. I don't even know where I came up with that number, but I always knew I wanted 12 kids. After Jack was born, I was pretty sure I didn't want any more. He was a colicky baby and a very difficult pregnancy. But I wanted to give him a sibling so then Lily came along. That was a much easier pregnancy and she was an easier baby for the most part... her colic only lasted 2 months. It was so fun to see the relationship between Jack and Lily. They have always played together so well and they love each other so much that I was excited when I learned we would be adding to their little clan. And Josie has been amazingly easy. The pregnancy was a breeze and she never got colic! I finally understand why people like babies. She is an amazing baby. Most of my friends comment that they have never even heard her cry. I am so happy that we have her in our family. These kiddos all love each other so much and I love seeing them grow up together



Sweet little Josie







Miss Lily is into all things "girly." She loves dressing up, shoes, jewelry and make up. She likes to sneak into my bathroom to put on my makeup:



And as it turns out, Jack has also snuck into my make up. One day I noticed his eyes looked different... he had put on my mascara!


Mr. Jack is doing great in school. He is reading books now which is so fun to see. And his French class has been great. He has made many friends. Here he is walking home with one of his best friends (Ben). I love how they hold hands walking home

Jack's newest obsession is writing notes. He writes little notes all day long. Sometimes when he's mad he'll write out his feelings, sometimes he writes love letters to the girl he likes. Here is one of his notes to the family:


And a doodling about the girls he likes:


We just ended a pottery class. For the last 5 Saturdays we took the kids to a pottery studio and made all sorts of things. The kids really liked the class but I don't think I could convince Luke to do it again:

Here are the kids and their final creations:

Lily's snowman

Jack's pumpkin

Jack's snowman. Jack even gave him
boy parts and a dirty butt. 

Jack's flower pot

Lily's hanging flower pot
that is upside down

Lily's heart dish

Jack's house

I saw some pictures of kids in coffee cups so I tried to do one of Josie

Here are Jack and Lily getting into trouble. Even though they play together nicely most of the time, there are those times when I want to send them back where they came from. This was one of those times. They decided to use all the soap to fill the bathroom sink with soap bubbles. Then they proceeded to splash and throw soapy water everywhere, flooding the bathroom. Its not very obvious in the picture, but believe me the whole bathroom floor was flooded with soapy water. 


There is truth to this: 


No comments:

Post a Comment