Monday, April 13, 2015

My trip to California

My littlest cousin Acacia, got married on April 11th. I wanted to go to the wedding, but the headache and cost of flying out there with all five of us was overwhelming. Luke suggested I just take the baby and go by myself. I contemplated this idea for a couple months. I had never been away from the kiddos except for giving birth. It was a big deal for me. But I went ahead and decided to go for it. 

Friday morning (April 10th) I went on a 13 mile training run. Then I packed my bag. It was amazingly easy to just pack for me and Josie. Then I headed over to say bye to Jack. He was eating lunch at school and when I hugged him, he started crying. Then I almost started crying. I reminded him that he would have fun while I was gone and that Luke would take him to Ft. Fun. That was all it took and he was happy again. Then Luke dropped me and Josie off at my moms house and we said goodbye. 

My mom and I headed for the airport and everything was so smooth. Even the airplane ride was great and Josie slept the entire time. Friday night we got settled into the hotel and I was amazed at how easy traveling was with just one baby. 

Saturday morning Luke's family came and picked me up at the hotel and we went to breakfast and then back to Grammie's house. It was their first time meeting Josie so they were all excited. 



Then I headed back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. It was great to see all my family again and for them to have a chance to meet Josie













After the wedding we had a reception dinner at a nearby restaurant:










And then we headed back to Kristi's house for a while. 





Sunday morning it was off to brunch: 


Then to my grandparents house:


Then to the airport:
Things on my side went great. It was by far the easiest vacation I have taken since before kids. I was even able to find time to read an entire book... something I haven't done in years sadly. 

Back at home, Luke and the kids were super busy. Friday night Jack and Lily both had soccer games. Then Saturday morning they both had swimming, followed by Game Day at Jack's school and then a birthday party at night. Sunday was less scheduled and they went to church and Ft. Fun.
 I got home Sunday night and the kids were alive, house was clean and laundry was going. Luke had done a great job... guess I need to go away more often :)


No comments:

Post a Comment