Friday, August 14, 2015

Vacation Part 5: Las Vegas

It was nearly 1am when we arrived at the Sunset Station. All the kids were asleep so I stayed in the car while Luke went to check us in. 15 minutes later, Luke comes back to the car upset because they wouldn't let him check in since the reservation was under my name. So I went to check in, but by this time there was a huge line with a ton of sketchy people in front of me. Finally I was able to check in so I went back to the car. I carried sleeping Josie, Luke carried sleeping Lily and we woke Jack up and made him walk. He was not happy and it was a pain to make it all the way to our room. As soon as we opened the door to our room, the smell of smoke hit us. We were so upset. So we all went back downstairs and Luke waited with the sleeping kids while I went back to reception, furious. I told the lady about the smoke, but she informed me that the hotel was completely booked. She then decided to upgrade us to a suite for our 3 night stay. By the time we finally got settled into our beds it was well past 2am.

But it was a great room. Here is the bathroom:

Panoramic of the suite

The kids were so excited to see Deven again

We hung out in our room during a thunderstorm on Thursday. The kids loved watching the lightning and the parking lot flood


When they got bored of that we had a little dance party

Then we hit up the arcade for some games



That night we drove into Vegas to check out the M&M factory



The kids got to make their own personalized M&M's





Then we went to the Coke factory and got taster trays of different cokes from all over the world





Not all of them were good...



Friday we spent a good portion of the day swimming





I got to hang out with this sleeping beauty

Soon enough we had another sleeping beauty

Friday night we all went out to dinner






After dinner I put the kids in the bath to use the nice tub. I added (what I thought was) a normal amount of bubble bath. But the tub had jets which I think increased the bubble amounts. Soon enough the bathtub was overflowing with bubbles.
It took all the towels to clean it up, but boy did they have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment