Sunday, August 31, 2014

All ready for baby!

The countdown is on! We are hoping this will be the first baby to not be induced. Things I am trying differently this time include:
1. Lots of exercise! Been averaging 90 minutes per day since 10 weeks. Lately I've increased walking as well by taking the kids to the park as much as possible.
2. Dates + Pineapple: I read a study that women who ate 6 dates per day had less a chance of induction. It's worth a shot so I started eating 6 dates but couldn't stomach them. I found that if I eat them with pineapple they are much better. So breakfast consists of 6 dates and about 1/4 a pineapple. 

3. Red raspberry leaf: I drank the tea with Jack and Lily. I am still drinking the tea this time around but I am also taking the pills
4. Evening Primrose Oil. I have never tried this before so hopefully it works magic this time around. 

Plus everything else that we tried last time around to get Lily out. If this baby doesn't come on it's own I will truly be surprised!

Since we don't know the sex of the baby it has been harder to prepare. Baby has several white and neutral color onsies and sleepers, but the majority of his/her clothes are blue since I found a huge box of Jack's baby clothes at my parents house:
Our closet is the storage place for baby stuff including diapers/wipes
Blankets, rock n' play, co-sleeper, etc.
Next to our bed we set up the pack n play
And Luke got me a gilder for the bedroom
Kids are really excited to meet baby too.



No comments:

Post a Comment